Saturday 23 December 2017

Of New Beginnings


What the past years has thought me

1. Always remember that this world is temporary
Most of the things going on here in this dunya will be so miniscule in the end. Focus and strive for Jannah 


2. Boundaries are important
I realised that I am an introvert (surprise!) But even if you are an extrovert, I have realised that it is important to have boundaries for everything. To what you would accept, what you won't, in relationships, at work, you get the gist right? :) 


3. It's the simple things that counts
I learned that if I am only happy when something grand or out of the extraordinary happens, then I will be happy a lot less often. Joy and happiness is actually in the little things. 

For example some of the little things that makes me happy are: having breakfast food for dinner, painting, spending time with my family, looking at cotton candy coloured sunsets on my drive home from work. I also noticed that watching sunsets makes me happy. 

I think I sat & watched the sky changed colours for almost 2 hours. I took this photo of the sunset at Tanjung Aru Beach 
4. I need to get out of my comfort zone 
I'm an introvert, so at times I like routine, or certainty. I rarely branch out. But, this year I learned a new skill, calligraphy. It was challenging, but oh so fun. So do challenge yourself from time to time.

First time doing brush calligraphy during workshop at Cziplee

No comments: