Monday 17 October 2016

For days when you feel out of it

Tadom Hills 
How to deal on days when you're just not in the mood ? Here's a tip.


That photo was taken about a month ago, when I took some time off from work because I wanted to go and do other things. The kind of things that is not enough for me to do during the 2 days of the weekend. So during that time I went to Tadom Hills and relaxed at the lake there, went to the waterfalls (it was so calming), and finally went to do a terrarium. 

Anyways my point is somedays you just feel... meh,  I don't have the mood to work. I have days when I feel that I'd much rather be exploring places and have a change of scenery. But the things is, we don't have the luxury to do that every time we get that "I don't have the mood" feeling. I know I don't have the luxury to just wake up and not go to work when I don't feel like it. 

But the beauty of every situation is how we adapt to it. And I've found a way to deal with days when my mood feels a bit wonky. For those days, I watch TED talks during my lunch break. It makes me happy, and it's always profound and thought provoking. Some TED talks are so hilarious, yet it's the kind of funny with substance so I really enjoy it.
In an age of acceleration, nothing can be more exhilarating than going slow. And in an age of distraction, nothing is so luxurious as paying attention. And in an age of constant movement, nothing is so urgent as sitting still. (Pico Iyer)



Above is one of my favourite TED talks about finding calmness by Pico Iyer. It's a great talk to listen when you're feeling overwhelmed by life, I highly recommend it. 
                     

1 comment:

tapakasut said...

qill ad baru baca komennn. sbb lama tak bukak blog.i dont even know how to follow ur blog. ke takde button follow haha