Friday 8 July 2016

#TeamRayaKL


                     

When Hari Raya is approaching, most people relate it to balik kampung which means for those working in KL it means going back to their hometown. But the thing is, not everyone has a kampung or for some people, their hometown is KL. 

My hometown is in Sabah, I was born there but I did not grow up there. When my late grandfather (Al-Fatihah) was still here I would still go back for Raya, but now I only have my maternal grandparents here in KL. Hence it's been #TeamRayaKL for me for the past 3 years. 

I've experienced both Raya at kampung and in KL. Yes, Raya in kampung is so much more "happening" but for me, wherever Raya is, as long as I have my family with me, the location doesn't really matter. And I am blessed to still have parents and grandparents, especially a Tok who still makes ketupat and rendang for Raya! 

Selamat Hari Raya and hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! 

No comments: