Sunday 6 May 2018

Lombok & Gili Trawangan Travel Tips




I've always had a thing for crystal clear water and clean beaches. Well actually, I'm always up for an adventure out within nature.

My latest adventure was to Lombok and Gili T (because Bali is too mainstream). Here's some tips if you are planning to go there:




  • Ayam taliwangan is a must have dish there but it can be quite spicy, so be warned. I liked it, some of my friends didn't, I'd say it's a matter of personal taste. Do try it and the Sate, it's good & different from the Sate in Malaysia. 
  • Arrange for transportation before you arrive there, so you will have a driver and vehicle to pick you up from the airport. Safer instead of haggling at the airport with taxis and other pickup vehicles.
  • Don't bother going to Villa Hantu, my friends & I didn't and we had more time to spend elsewhere.
  • I did go snorkelling, but many corals were dead. Fish species were okay, but the situation of the corals were sad and really needs conservation.
  • Don't buy food from souvenir shops in Lombok (the pisang salai I got was so bad, not fresh and stale.) I was so disappointed because pisang salai from Indonesia are usually really good. If you do want to buy some, get the dried keropok which you can fry yourself when you get home. 
  • You can buy t-shirts at the souvenir shops, price were quite reasonable. You can get a nice t-shirt for around RM15.
 I put together a video to show some bits and pieces whilst I was there, enjoy :)

No comments: