Sunday 19 January 2014

Acme Bar & Coffee


I've been wanting to go to Acme Bar & Coffee ever since I kept seeing people posting pictures of it on Instagram.
I have to admit though, had it not been for Instagram, I probably would not have known of this place. (the power of social media!) So does this place live up to all of the hype?


Fistly, I'd have to say it's ideally located, but then again I went on a Sunday. My idea of an ideally located place is: 

1) easy access
2) easy parking
3) nice atmosphere

So Acme has all of that. Although i'm not quite sure what it would be like during a weekday. It was easy for me to access it when I was there during a weekend, and parking was readily available at The Troika's parking. Plus point for that. The atmosphere was really nice too as the place had a relaxed vibe.



I know I should post some pictures of the food, but unfortunately, I was too hungry to pause and take photos of the food. I ate it once it was served.  But as for the food, I choose from the Acme Breakfast menu.  I had the "Farmer's Breakfast Hash" (RM23) . The potato hash was unfortunately burned, it was well, black on the most part. However, the eggs that came with it were delicious. It was organic eggs, not sure if that was what made it nice, but it was the nice part of the dish. So as for my main meal, i'm not throughly satisfied, 

BUT dessert was the best part. I had the "Light-As-Air" pavlova, (RM17) and it was so good! The pavlova had just the nice amount of sweetness to it, and the passion fruit sauce that was poured on top of the pavlova made it even nicer. I've tried pavlova at a few places and i'd have to say theirs is one of the nice ones. My friend Sarah had ' The "Other" Pavlova' (RM19), which was also really delicious. This one had all sorts of nuts and caramel sauce poured onto it.  So verdict: Try the Pavlova's when you're there!



I'd probably go back again for coffee and desserts, maybe I would give the main dishes another go. But I think it's more of a coffee, cake, chill out place for me. It's the kind of place i'd go for tea or breakfast with friends and to catch up.  

One tip: Call a day or a few days before you plan to go and make a reservation. The place gets busy, even during weekends, and you'd have to wait quite a while if you walk in without a reservation. 

Have you been there? What do you think of the place? 
If you'd like to try it, Acme Bar & Coffee is located at: 

The Troika, Jalan Binjai, 
50450 Kuala Lumpur 

Reservations: +603 2162 2288


No comments: