Sunday 27 October 2013

The Aspiration Bridge




Yes i'm back in London ! It's been about a month since i've been back
- and I have not blogged since i've been here as i've needed some time to kind of settle down with Uni and everything. 

It's my final year, so it's "the" important year. No messing around. But that also means I only have a year left here, since I plan on going back home when i'm done. So I'm going to try and balance my studies and exploring, trying to make the most of my time abroad. Below is something interesting I came across this weekend while out & about in London. It's called the "Aspiration Bridge" 

                    

Twisting high above Floral Street in Covent Garden, the Bridge of Aspiration provides the dancers of the Royal Ballet School with a direct link to the Grade 1 listed Royal Opera House.The award-winning design addresses a series of complex contextual issues, and is legible both as a fully integrated component of the buildings it links, and as an independent architecture element. The result is an elegant intervention high above the street, which evokes the fluidity and grace of dance. (Explanation from the designers, Wilkinson Eyre Architects

I think it's very elegant. Something nice to stumble upon while walking around London. If you're wondering where it is, it's above Floral Street on Covent Garden. 


No comments: